Original Caption: How Germany is being disarmed. These planes are waiting to be scrapped.

Tuesday 31 July 2012

What Kinds of Dieselpunk Novels Actually Exist Now?

The idea of Dieselpunk very much interests me.  But in point of fact, I have not yet read any dieselpunk novels.  I have instead been doing a little net surfing to see if any might catch my fancy, and so far I am not optimistic.

I know better than to pass judgement on books I have not read.  But since life is short and books are long as the saying goes (and writing my own work takes considerable time because I am not a fast writer) I like to scout things out sometimes just to see if they are likely reads for me.

So far (enlighten me please, if you know better) what I have found discussed on the net in terms of dieselpunk fiction seems to belong to one of the following categories:

-- The What if Hitler had won WWII category
-- The SS/Hitler/Wehrmacht etc. meets Dracula (or some kind of occult force) category
-- The young adult fiction about kids in planes category

Again, I don't want to disparage any of these books.  But the above topics just don't interest me.  Does Dieselpunk go in any other directions?

No comments:

Post a Comment