Original Caption: How Germany is being disarmed. These planes are waiting to be scrapped.

Monday 26 August 2013

WHEN IS "ANGELS OF THE REVOLUTION" COMING OUT?

A number of my friends and literary contacts on the web have been emailing me the last few weeks asking "when is Angels of the Revolution coming out?  You used to say on your blog here it would be 'later in 2012', and now it's 'to be published 2013' you sneaky bastard.  What's the hold-up?"

I am a slow writer.  I have been working on Angels of the Revolution for the last seven years or so.  This is despite the fact that it is not a large book (about 61,000 words).  Before that, I was working on another novel (also about WWI and the German Revolution -- a 190,000 word monster) which I had to put away for various reasons, but to which I hope to return.  In the meantime, Angels of the Revolution should be out within the next few weeks.

It is very interesting, as one approaches the end, just how many little details there are to attend to.  For example, one wants to get certain historical bits right.  Also, I have been negotiating with various places about the rights to use certain pieces of art or photography for the front cover.  But at this point, the expense and the limitations placed on these images would seem to indicate I must get my cover elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment